Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Happenings

Here are some random shots from the last few weeks that show some of things I've been up to.  Enjoy!

Mushroom hunting was the big pastime for a couple of weeks.  This is Becky and I at her parent's house with some of our first finds.  We got drenched by a downpour and had to cross a raging creek, but we came home with the goodies!

The ones dad and I found on Easter Sunday (notice who found the most!)

This is the first year I have ever found "false morels."  I found several but this was the biggest.  I cut it in half to show the inside--they are not hollow.  Don't eat them!

Uncle Tom and Aunt Martha stopped down and I fried them their first wild mushrooms!


Relaxing in the hammock with my goddaughter and the cat.

Hanging out with Kelley and Cecilia.  We were supposed to be working!

Helping me plant hollyhock seeds!

Visiting with my gypsies!  Ash on the left with little Lucy and Sara on the right--I'm holding her son Keith.  Both babies are 9 months old.  So cute!

A visit from Mason and Maizy Barnes.  Such cuties!

Also visiting were Molly and Elijah Henderson.  How can you resist that smile?!

Kelley and her gingerbread birthday cake.  No, she's not 2,610 years old--I didn't have the right candles so 26+10 works, right?

Carol and I drinking our Mint Juleps and wearing our hats for the Derby.

Yum!

Ginny with her Derby Pie!

Lovely Derby Pies.

Corey, Jim, and Tom installing Grandma's new lamp post on Mother's Day.

Uncle John studying the directions.

Mom with Duncan and Jud with Babe.  Duncan and Jud have the same hair color!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of John reading the directions! Marshall and Anna enjoyed the pictures of Jud and Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gypsy picture!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the gypsy picture! Those are some cute babies!!

    ReplyDelete