Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tea Tales

Recently, I went shopping for tea with my good friend Shannon.  I purchased a sampler pack of fancy herbal teas.  After I got home and drank a couple of the varieties I realized that I mostly just enjoy the lemon and mint ones.  I keep passing over the raspberry, blueberry, etc. packets.  The "fancy" tea flavors apparently don't appeal to my everyday tastes.  "This is silly," I thought!  I have several bags of dried lemon verbena and mint that I harvested from my herb garden this summer.  That's really just what I want; the "fancy" flavors will do for special occasions or company.  The lemon and mint are good by themselves or mixed together (which is how I usually do it.)  If I need a little pick-me-up I put a bag of regular black tea with it for a caffeine boost (I don't drink coffee, and I'm trying hard to stay away from pop.)  I always add a little dollop of Honeyrun Farm honey to my tea as well. :-) So, my lesson learned is that sometimes simpler is better, and that it's nice to be able to relax and enjoy a warm reminder of my summer garden on these cold winter days.  Come on over and share a cup with me soon! 


3 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I like Mint the best of anything. I've found I really don't like citrus teas... they are too tart with no depth. It is funny because most people know I like Herbal Tea, so they give me variety packages as gifts, and then I don't drink the berry or citrus flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're blog is great! I love reading your insight on things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love mint tea too!! I really want to start a little herb garden this spring...

    ReplyDelete