Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall farm pictures

Here are some recent pictures from the farm.  Most of these were taken by my friend from college, Josh Williams.  He currently resides in Budapest, Hungary and was home for a visit.

Friends whom I met in college at Wittenberg.  They came to visit me in Zanesville from all over the world.  Caela traveled from Philadelphia;  Lindsay from Alberta, Canada; and Josh from Budapest.  I feel so lucky to have such wonderful life-long friends.


Caela at Zanesville Farmers' Market.
 
Pepper display.


Lindsay filling quarts of heirloom tomatoes at Farmers' Market.


Picture of my garden.  Newly planted fall greens and radishes in the foreground  Rolling hills of southeast Ohio in the background.  This photo captures the essence of "home" for me. 


"The prettiest compost pile ever," as Josh kept calling it.
 
Caela and I holding Rouge Vif D'etampes pumpkins!


Awesome heirloom pumpkin called Galeaux d'Eysines.  It was the best one I grew and I'm not selling it.  I am keeping it for myself!  (Unless, you offer me a high enough price.)


Taking a picture of the photographer with my phone while holding Sophie, my cousin Kari's little girl.  She did NOT want to get dirty!  I hope her mother continues to send her back to Ohio every summer.  I'm going to try to make a farmer of her yet!



Friends, Caela and Jim, in the pumpkin patch.


Picking pumpkins with the kiddos.
 

"Strawberry Fields" Gomphrena


Beautiful flowers.  These are called Gomphrena or Globe Amaranth.


HOT peppers!  So colorful!


Picking Patty Pan Squash
 
Winter squash!


Really, these things are just way too pretty.  See previous post about photographing produce.
 
Spider on some of my produce, imagine that!  See my previous post for spider discussion.

Lovely heirloom eggplant.  Question: Is the plural of eggplant, eggplant or eggplants??


Eggplant just waiting to be cut for market.

Josh in the eggplant patch.

Picking eggplant.  This angle makes me look like a giant!

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the single Gomphrena! You should enter it at your fair next year. Also, the compost pile is beautiful! I saw plenty of tomatoes in there I would have gladly eaten. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are fantastic! Josh needs to visit more often:)

    ReplyDelete